We are so glad you are interested in being a part of the Educare family. Here is some information to help you take the first steps to enroll your child or children in our program.
Our program is in high demand and spaces are limited. Enrollment is based on approved selection criteria, one of which is income. Each application receives points based on the criteria and your application is ranked in order of your points. If we cannot place your child right away, your child will be placed on our wait list. Every child is important to us, as we will do our very best to place your child.
In order to begin the enrollment process you will need to fill out an application and bring in the following items:
- Your child’s vaccination record
- Your child’s birth certificate: State Certified, if possible
- Proof of address: Utility bill, lease agreement with your name on it
- Proof of income: Tax return, check stubs, SSI or TANF award letter
During your application process you will be asked if you receive (or are willing to apply for) the DHS Child Care Subsidy. For families who have this subsidy in place, we will ask for you to bring verification of receiving this subsidy. For those that do not receive this subsidy, your application will still be processed to determine eligibility.
Our program is funded to support a mixture of families who have and do not have the childcare subsidy.
Once we have verified your information, we will process your family application quickly to let you know when your child can start. Once accepted you will also need to provide us with the following documents:
- Health Insurance Card: Sooner Care or private
- Most Recent Well Child Check-up: results from your child’s physical received within the last year and signed by a doctor
- Dental exam (if your child is 3 years old): results from the exam and signed by a dentist